Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Sending Out an S.O.S

Calling for some knitterly assistance... Since I only have 3 or 4 friends who check in on my blog (WHO I AM FOREVER AND ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR!!) I am hoping one of you will reach out to your many friends for a pattern search.
2 1/2 weeks ago I had a bilateral mastectomy (and am now CANCER-FREE)! WOOHOO but I feel the need/desire to knit myself a comfort sweater... my reconstructive process is in its most beginning stages. I am SO not about appearances. HONESTLY ... I am pretty comfortable in my own skin. I just really want a "go to" big, comfy, cuddle up in, go over anything type sweater. NOT fitted. Maybe not even flattering... well not in the typical sense of the word. Kinda of like when you throw on your husbands sweatshirt over a pair of jeans type thing. I've knit tons of scarves... they hide a multitude of sins and are very forgiving when sporting a fitted shirt or blouse right now. But it goes against my grain to buy one of the many BIG shirts out in retail. I want to knit a cardi... open in front. Maybe to mark my road to recovery?
My S.O.S? pattern suggestions PLEASE!!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Michelle- Where to begin? My best suggestion is to go to Ravelry and do a pattern search- you're sure to find something there.

Let me know if I can help-

Tricia said...

First and foremost, Congrats on being Cancer free! Yipee!

Well, I'll suggest a few of my current faves that are on my to-do list and meet your criteria...
"The Traveling Sweater" by A. Karen Alfke
"Cassidy" by Bonne Marie Burns (aka Chic Knits)
"Pewter Coat" by Shirley Paden
"112-40 Knitted Jacket with Rib" by Drops Design
"112-29 Knitted Jacket w/ Pattern and rag sleeve" by Drops Design

(You can search for any of these at Ravelry.com)

greenjars said...

i don't know you but im happy that you overcome the bad days...

take care.

Yvonne in Southwest Virginia said...

Here's a link to oversized tunics in Ravelry. There are 197 and more than a few of them meet your criteria.

Congrats on being cancer-free. Hope the link helps!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#query=tunic&view=captioned_thumbs&fit=oversized&sort=date

Yvonne in Southwest Virginia said...

Same link as a tiny url:

http://tinyurl.com/26do8b7

Anonymous said...

Hi, was looking for simple sock patterns and saw your blog....I've rekindled my very basic knitting skills this past year whilst off work recovering from a mastectomy, node clearance and all the yukky treatments they throw at you!
I can't give you a pattern but I've been back at work 3 months now, back on my mountain bike and feeling stonger every day.Work is getting in the way of my knitting! Not had reconstructive surgery so understand the desire for a baggy jumper just now but honest you will feel better it just takes time.Keep smiling and stay strong.Jane

Fun said...

As one would expect, the latest version of Office 2010 using the Metro style, in the latest office 2007 download Technical Preview, World also received improved