Monday, April 26, 2010

GOALS

So I've hemmed and hawed and hemmed and hawed over whether to end this blog or not. After all for all but a trickle of wonderful women who've been so kind as to make a comment and/or take pity on me.... what would it matter?!
A - It's yet 1 more thing on my list of "things to do"
B- I feel guilty cause I put it on the "back burner"
C- I feel foolish for feeling guilty cause who's lookin' anyway?
And then I thought... who is this blog for anyway? Well..... it's for me; it's a forum for me to talk/write/vent and share about something that is such a BIG part of my life... KNITTING.
Simutaneously
I started feeling REALLY bad/guilty/embarrassed about the size of my stash and the amount of things I've cast-on with out finishing. I am always on a quest for that Holy Grail. My eyes are bigger than my stomach. I WANT IT ALL!
AND I have tried All the Yarn Diets (they suck) and I've joined all the "knit from your stash" groups.... ( I suck at that too).
But I need to find a better place in my knitting mind....
So I've decided I am not placing unreasonable demands or restrictions on myself.
But I am setting GOALS!
My goal is to complete ONE project per month that is knit from my stash or mountainous pile of UFO's....
that's ONE project per month....
while simutaneously working on a Log Cabin Blanket that I am making for my son to take to college.
I've committed to a project for May, one for June, and one for July... stay tuned!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

I, for one, would really miss you.

I suck at placing restrictions on myself- but don't be too hard on yourself.

We would love to hear from you more often, but no pressure, my friend.

Kym said...

I would miss you, too! Your blog - like your knitting - should be for fun and enjoyment; not a burden. Don't be too hard on yourself! Knit; have fun; and enjoy whatever projects you complete -- whenever you complete them!

Brigitte said...

I would miss you Michelle! :(

Let me tell you about the guilt thing... I have oh, 8 or so WIP's. Some are long term projects, so that's fine. It's the ones that are easy enough, that should be finished, that cause me grief. But, I still don't set finishing goals, because just like a KAL, it's a recipe for disaster for me.