Sunday, December 30, 2007

Yes it's still a knitting blog...

See... it really is still a knitting blog! The holidays, along with my schooling ~ I am still a full-time student ~ (UGH!) and the fact that on Dec. 17th I started a full-time job (last time I worked full-time was more than 15 years ago)... have put me in a tailspin... I keep thinking, now, if I was working full-time in a knitting shop, life would be grande! but se' lav vi'.... it ain't so...
Anyhooooooooo more and more I realize how much knitting is an enormous part of me. I enjoy it more than I can put in words... queer huh?!
Now... back to knitting (which is why I created this blog in the 1st place). I am in l-o-v-e!
In love with "that little scarf" ~ a pattern available from the wonderful designer, Anne Hanson, at http://www.knitspot.com/ I am half way through the 20/12 row repeats. It is one of those perfect little pieces. I don't necessarily love knitting the pattern since each row is different and I need to pay close attention but, still well worth it! My goal is to wear it on Wednesday when work resumes :)
....Here's wishing you all
a Happy, Healthy, Knitterly New Year!

6 comments:

Nora said...

Happy New Year honey. I love that scarf - it's in my Ravelry queue. x

Brigitte said...

Have a wonderful 2008! I'm looking forward to reading and seeing more of your stuff.

:)

Brigitte said...

Oh, and LOVE the scarf, and the colour!

(Yay you on the job! Even though it does take away from precious knitting time - I know the feeling!)

Marina said...

How are you ever going to knit your stash down when you don't have much time to knit? But then, you should also have less time to shop ;-)

The scarf looks gorgeous and the colour, simply yummy!

Hope you have a wonderful 2008!

Lorraine said...

Michelle- I hope that your new employers understand that your job is seriously going to compromise your knitting time?
Can Anne Hanson do anything wrong? She is my idol-

Happy New Year, are you going to 'huss with Brigitte, Jewel and I?

Carol said...

Happy New Year! My sincere condolences for starting the full time thing. It's a major knitting time suck, but the yarn $ it brings in is worth it! Much success to you girl!