Friday, December 07, 2007

All In All It Was A Very Good Day

You know when its just like... one thing after another ~ Wake up with a totally grossly thick head, sore throat, crappy weather, messy house, called in to work overtime, kids need to be in a katrillion different directions, no sign of Christmas in the house yet, no shopping done, the diet has been in the shitters, stepkids.... ah.... nevermind.... best left unsaid.... schoolwork is overdue and overwhelming... and to top it all off..... my nice little two hour a day p/t job that I've had for the past 7 years.... is soon to be a thing of the past.... like now.... fulltime work ahead.... like Monday "why didn't my mother ever teach me to say no?".... did I mention diet is in the shitters soooooooooo no wardrobe is available in the closet for Monday.... and then just as you think things are just so damn sucky..... POOF! a wonderfully fantabulously unexpected package arrives, containing incredibly generous goodies (see photo) from a little Floridian angel by the name of http://www.knit-and-run.blogspot.com Carol. Kisses and hugs to you my friend! thank you a million times over. You know I gotta say..... there ain't nothing in this world like the power of women and the kindness, compassion, and selflessness of what we ladies are lucky enough to have in girlfriends. It will never cease to amaze me!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Michelle- oooooh- I love the jammies- how cool is that?

You see? When you think things can't be worse, a blogger comes to the rescue and saves the day. And this is the wrong time of year to even consider a diet!

Nora said...

Aaaaah, you got the sock book!! Nice one, Carol [she really IS the best, isn't she?]! ;)

Nora

Brigitte said...

I LOVE those jammies toooooo!!!!

Take it one day at a time, and don't sweat the small stuff!

Carol said...

OMG, you're going full time? I was hoping to send you the winning lottery ticket, if only I can find one! I sure hope you feel better fast. While you're Christmas shopping, pick up clothes too! Hugs