Saturday, August 25, 2007

Time is on my side....

Worrier, neurotic, procrastinator, crappiest prioritizer, you name it ~ I could win the award! But certain things (in my mind's eye) simply MUST get done. So, I now have 2 weeks "school free". My "deleted final" episode prompted me to take some sick time to mentally recoup from my surgery. Now I certainly have quite a "to do" list that I would love to cram into this time period but I am somewhat "limited" in mobility.
And my brain is on crappy prioritzer mode.... so there are two projects at hand.

Task#1 - begin the task of making 100 Christmas Cards
Task#2 - start my first KAL

Task #1 (wanna see?) Each year I like to torture myself by creating my own cards. Prior to surgery I had copies of the photo made and supplies ordered. Here's the front














and here's the back. Fifteen down/eight-five to go!













Task #2 Start my first KAL. I don't know if I'm savvy enough to pull it off but I ordered the kit and would love to have some company. Ruth Sorensen http://www.ruths.dk/ is a remarkable designer. I am a fall/halloween fanatic and just love this sweater. There are some seasonal things that are timeless and classic. This is one I'd reach for year after year pending I don't gain weight ! :) Thanks http://theraineysisters.com/ Susanne for introducing me to this beautiful cardi!
Check it out (link to group is on sidebar)and if you're interested .... wooohooo!
(p.s ~ any help in KAL's and how to make buttons, spread the word, etc.... would be greatly appreciated)

10 comments:

Carol said...

You are insane! But you can do it you know ;-) 2 Words: CAN WILL

lv2knit said...

I am so excited about your KAL, but I'm kind of "Kauni-ed Out" for the time being. I'm with you in kauni-flavored spirit.

And I about fell out of my chair when I read the "lump of love" comment. OMG -- that is toooooo funny. Hubba Hubba, Honey Bear!

Nora said...

Ooooh, what a lovely card. I hope I'm on your Xmas list [you have to make 101 now]... :)

Marina said...

Christmas cards? What are they ;-) We're at that stage where cards from hotel chains, car dealers and other companies outnumber those from relatives and friends!

Yours, is gorgeous!

I'll be Kauning with you, Just not that pattern.

Brigitte said...

I'm really thinking of doing that this year with Christmas cards, however not 100 of them!

I will certainly spread the word about your KAL!

Take care of yourself!

Liz said...

Just joined the KAL!

Lorraine said...

I don't do the Christmas card thing- besides, isn't it too early for that?
Nice picture though- I didn't realize you had a dolphin.

KAL's are alot of fun and inspiration, and you certainly learn alot. Have fun.

Lorraine said...

It's just that a dolphin puts my little fish tank to shame!

gail said...

Oh, this is an absolutely gorgeous sweater. I'd love to knit along, but I have a list of projects to do before Christmas. And, at least three shawls that I want to do as well, and I'm tempted by every beautiful pattern that I see. My life is too short.

Anonymous said...

I found the autumn cardigan yesterday surfing on internet. Will order the wool today, love it. Maybe I will need some help from you? Best regards from Hanne in Houston http://www.siddis-in-houston.blogspot.com/