Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm a real knitter now...















It's here....... all the way for Scotland! My first purchase from http://www.virtualyarns.com/ The wool is beautiful! Doesn't it look lovely?! It was ordered to make the Persian Tiles Wrap. I am a bit disappointed however that it did not come with the pattern. :(
Now I have to hunt it down.














In other earth shattering news.... I finally realized that I am a "real" "true" knitter. I have graduated to the point that it is in my blood and I cannot imagine a time when I would give it up. Its kinda silly, but what made me realize it is that I am in the midst of knitting my Esprit Summer Square Neck Tank from http://www.elann.com/ ~finished the decreases and did the increases. As soon as I read the pattern I questioned myself thinking "this can't be right" but figured who am I to question. So I knit it up and sure enough it looked off, the increases were not as gradual as the decreases (no graduation at all). As a matter of fact I ripped and did it again and still it wasn't right. So I called Elann.
Now, I have always gotten quick delivery from them, but never made a call. Not only was the woman on the phone a sweetheart, she immediately checked the pattern and told me how she thought it should be. Then.......are u ready............ later on in the day I received a detailed message on my answering machine. She had contacted the designer of the pattern, who realized there was an error, and would have the changed made shortly. It was changed the next day! Meantime she read me the corrections via telephone. I was speechless. Talk about customer service above and beyond. Only in the knit-o-sphere does something like that occur. Elann~ your are top dog in my books! So about me being a "real" knitter. I was kinda impressed with myself that I was savvy enough to know it was wrong (Now a real brain would not have knit it up twice first) but whose counting?!

6 comments:

lv2knit said...

That truly is great customer service! Do you really need help finding the pattern for the Persian Tiles? It is on Page 86 of "A Collector's Item" by Jade Starmore.

Marina said...

LOL. Is that what a real knitter is?! Wow! That really is great service. I must try their yarns one day.

Love those colours! Personally, I think it's a shame that you can't start immediately ;-)

Lorraine said...

I'm happy that you're having the Virtual Yarns experience. Aren't the colors incredible?

It's very freeing when you can recognize things in a pattern and make the changes. Sort of empowering.

You go girl!

Carol said...

Brava girl! Always trust your gut, why would it lie to you?

Romi said...

Ooooh! I love Persian Tiles! But I am not a real knitter yet. I've never ordered from VY. I do have A Collector's Item, though. Can I qualify? Pretty please? ;)

Brigitte said...

LOVE VY. They do have excellent customer service, I've never had a problem with them.

Yup, you do need Jade's book, A Collector's Item for the pattern. I'm also making Persian Tiles...hmmm...perhaps a KAL?!