Saturday, June 09, 2007

Sheer Bliss!


What a way to start the day.... a 9a.m visit in a small, quaint, charming LYS with DEBBIE BLISS! She was fantastic, chic, and intriguing while remaining warm, genuine, and down to earth. A lovely woman. The yarn above was purchased with my hubbo in mind. Any ideas on a plain simple wear with jeans type sweater (he does not like bells & whistles) that I can whip up for him?
ps~can't wait for debbie's new book next month...not only did I get to see the book....I got to TRY ON samples of the new garments! it's the LUXURY COLLECTION!

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

I heard the new book was fantastic.
She's a lovely person as well as a great designer.
A real treasure in the knitting world.

Lucky you.

lv2knit said...

Have you seen the new Knitters magazine? I hate summer issues and this is no exception, but there is a very simple man's sweater that would look great with jeans (Beachcomber, page 60).

Sally and I went to London sveral years ago and of course a goal of ours was to hit yarn stores. There aren't any really to speak of (which is surprising), but Debbie Bliss had a shop. We sought it out, taking the Metro all over town as it was difficult to find. We finally got there: no yarn, no books, no needles, no customers. Just a young, silent woman behind the cash counter and a few samples of knitted children's garments. We left in ten minutes after travelling for hours to get there. I still love Debbie Bliss though!

Marina said...

Lucky you! Although I haven't kept up, she's still one of my favourite designers.

Carol said...

I for one, am jealous...

Rebekah said...

sounds like a wonderful day!

Bridget said...

I'm jealous, I would LOVE to meet Debbie Bliss!

Nora said...

Michelle, did you receive my emails?

Carol said...

Hey Michelle! Where are you?