Monday, May 14, 2007

I feel like a groupie!

Is this what it feels like to be a middle-aged-groupie!? I AM SO TOTALLY EXCITED and SO GOING TO SEE:
DEBBIE BLISS
IN PERSON
FRIDAY, JUNE 8th
9 AM – 1 PM
TICKET HOLDERS ONLYat my LYS. I can't wait!!!
My kids on the other hand have hung their heads in shame (could I get any geekier)?!
Now, on to miters, here's the progress. I've decided to make 80 miters (recommended by the one and only KAY http://www.masondixonknitting.com who so awesomely responded to my inquiry a.s.a.p, only to rank her even higher on my list of who I want to be when I grow up).

and an enormously humungoid thanks to one of the most talented knitter in the universe, http://woolyewe.blogspot.com/ who went above and beyond to help me decipher the shade of the Persian Tile Wrap that I am ordering from http://www.virtualyarns.com . I am surely going to be one busy bee this summer.
My loopy ewe is coming along quite nicely. I love love love this little guy but am suffering from severe punture wounds from the 3 inch spike that I keep gouging my fingertips with. He should be complete by weeks end. And last but not least a photo of my lovey bug who is not so happy about a new little lamb in the family.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

You know I often feel like a knitting groupie myself, and then I feel foolish because I'm so not a groupie type of person, but then I realize knitting groupie is okay because it's odd anyway. Did I confuse you?

Cute little sheep.

Love the squares.

Bridget said...

I'm so jealous, I would love to see Debbie Bliss in person! Enjoy it.

Oh your pup is such a cutie. (Though he is probably sitting there thinking of ways to destroy the little sheepy ...)

Marina said...

::: blush ::: You're welcome! It's tough buying "blind" and at that price, you'll want it to be perfect!

I would be excited too! I love her things.

The loopy ewe is adorable. Something else I would like to try. So many things to do and so little time!

Nora said...

Oh, how funny! I actually had to stop and think who Debbie Bliss was - thought you were going to see a band/singer!

Lorraine said...

Wow- I am a groupie as well, and have met Debbie Bliss twice. She's every bit as charming and gracious as her designs.
Your squares are tres cool!

Carol said...

Go ahead and gush! I sure would! Don't forget to get her autograph;) Your little ewe is adorable:) Have fun with miter fever, they look great!

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

Time to take a break from all those motered squares, darling1
YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

lv2knit said...

You've been tagged!! See our blog for rules and information! http://theraineysisters.com/