Sunday, April 15, 2007

YOU WANT WHAT???!!!

Is there a possibility that this child of mine, who I love with all my heart & soul, is an imposter who was switched at birth?! It must be. That's the only explanation for the UNBELIEVABE, UNIMAGINABLE request that she made when I asked her if she'd like me to lovingly knit her a pair of socks with my very own hands.
She said sure Mom, but don't make them long like yours. Make them....
are you ready??
make them....
NO SHOW SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you hear that? No show socks. Now why in Gods green earth would I painstakingly take the time and energy to knit her a pair of socks THAT DON'T SHOW?
Switched at birth I tell ya.









See the stubby sock? and it's still too long she says.... so she'll just ROLL THEM OVER SO THEY DON'T SHOW!
Meantime below are the 1st pair I'm making for the hubbo. The colorway is similar to Dallas Cowboy colors, which will make him happy.









And here we have yet ANOTHER purchase! This one from http://www.theloopyewe.com Ain't it just? Lorna's Lace & some SOAK.
Now.... I'm off to check my daughter's DNA!

4 comments:

Nora said...

I did the same to my mum when I was a teenager. REFUSED to wear anything she'd knit for me! Don't worry, she'll change - it's in the DNA!

Marina said...

Look on the bright side! More handknits for you ;-)

Carol said...

I'll take em'....

Rebekah said...

I think I would have gone to walmart bought her no see socks, and knit myself a pair of socks!

but then I'd probably be a mean mom.