Saturday, March 24, 2007

Anybody Wanna Mate?









Fellow sock knitters....
Can anyone sympathize with how difficult it is to knit
SOCK #2 when we are not overly thrilled with SOCK #1?
And as a knitter with 15 or more WIP, and being the queen of procrastination, I am a bit surprised my my need (compulsion) to complete the mate to any sock I knit.
I tell ya... the older I get the stranger I become. Or mayber I've always been this strange but am just "astute" enough to recognize (fess up) it.
Either way.... here's a little project that I haven't started yet but ordered the pattern when I visited http://www.rosiesyarncellar.com/


and another I ordered can be seen here...
http://theraineysisters.com/?cat=1 hopped on the horn and ordered that baby in a flash! Hmmm.. I wonder if I'll be compelled to knit a dozen?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute patterns. Stop being an enabler (lol). I love the rainey sisters blog. I'm always in awe of what they've made pics of other's fos.

Carol said...

I like the sock. I can't let Meg see that. She want a pair immediately. Nice shopping!

Nora said...

I know what you mean - I have to force myself to CO for the 2nd sock...

Nora said...

Michelle, lace socks DO fit snugly - especially the Embossed Leaves as the purl sts between the lace cause the fabric to stretch. You MUST knit a pair.

PS: I'll be going to the button shop one day soon...

dee near Berkeley said...

Hi, Michelle

I'm commenting on your question on Stephanie's blog. Do you have a copy of Sally Melville's "The Purl Stitch"? In it, she has a basic sock pattern that gives numbers for variations due to yarn gauge. Give that a try.

Good luck,

dee near Berkeley

donnac368 said...

Hi! I read your question on Wendy's blog, and I found the sockulator a big help. (http://www.thedietdiary.com/blog/lucia/530) I love using this when the needles or yarn are not what the pattern calls for, or I need a real custom fit.