Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sock it to me!


Such an odd coincidence ... but it seems that my sudden need to knit socks has a direct correlation with my committment to knit from my stash in 2007 (where sock yarn doesn't count ~ tee hee hee)!
But seriously I've decided I will ONLY take socks on the run. I have lost track of way too many stitches throwing 1/2 knit sweaters and sleeves in my purse.
And I'm determined to knit myself 12 pair this year ~ that's one sock every two weeks. A mini goal for little ole' me.
I can't tell you how much I dont' like knitting these socks.... The raspberry color is wonderful but the pattern is a bitch and the yarn has a good percent of cotton in it which I find very hard on the hands...
I dislike knitting it so much that I've also got these on the sticks as well...

5 comments:

BLACK DOG KNITS said...

Michelle, I need your email address (I have something you might like)!!

(Mine is on my sidebar).

Carol said...

Nice! Sure beats homework doesn't it?

Rebekah said...

Oh I hate it when I don't like a pattern I'm working. This chemo cap I'm doing right now is annoying the heck out of me, I can't wait to be done with it.

12 socks! Great goal.

lv2knit said...

Hey, Michelle, are you really up for a KAL? Sally and I are starting Eris (a Girl from Auntie pattern -- linked on our site). If you can knit from Knitting from Nature, you can do Eris. It would be fun, but may require YFOYS (yarn from outside your stash). Good luck with the sorting -- my knitting collection is out of control!

lv2knit said...

Michelle, I was doubled over reading your comment -- esp the throw up part. Very funny!