Friday, December 29, 2006

Not just the average joe...

Did I mention that I love my knitting friends?

I LOVE MY KNITTING FRIENDS!

It seems to me that over the years friends fall into different categories

There are the childhood friends




There are the are the teen year friends








Work friends

Relationship friends




and mother's of other kids friends

Friends we keep, friends we lose, friends we cherish, and those we could/should live without!

But nothing prepared me for the wonderfully unexpected gift I received this year...
Knitting friends...
Who would have thought that via the internet and through reading, responding and "getting hooked" onto fabulous blogs (heartfelt journals of incredible women throughout the world who share a love/passion/joy for the craft that over the years has become part of who I am) I would find a new circle of friends. People with relationships, jobs, kids, worries, joys, hearts and compassion very similar to my own. People to whom sticks & yarn mean much more than to the average joe; knitting is their therapy, comfort, obsession, need, and love.

I am so very thankful for my knitting friends. They are a blessing!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

It's been great getting to know you too!

Carol said...

You just have a terrific way with words! We love you too!

BLACK DOG KNITS said...

Beautiful post Michelle... x

http://black-dog-knits.blogspot.com