Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wanted: Knitable Pattern

Until further notice ( I get the damn digital repaired/replaced) I will have to continue to clip photos from cyberspace...
A while back I cleansed my soul and confessed my long long list of WIP. One was a brandy new batch of yarn I specifically purchased to save $12 (after all I did need to use the 10% off c/o before it expired). So, spent $108 to save $12.
I had the perfect project in mind. A stunning jacket/type sweater. Kind of reminded me of "breakfast at tiffany's" for some reason. **** You should know I more of a "breakfast at IHOP" girl. Needless to say, I am quite certain the layman would be able to follow this pattern with no problemo. Not me. After casting on and ripping back 8 or 9 times.... getting to the same point and realizing, there is just no way in hell this can be right... I decided that this pattern is not for me. (not unless someone else will be knitting it for me).
So.... I'm asking for opinions. I'm looking for a pattern worthy of using this yummy Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK yarn. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to put some thoughts into this. I see a beautiful cabled sweater. HOw about Rogue or the one that's like it on Knitty Samus. I'll keep thinking.

Lorette said...

You might want to look at a newish book, Jackets, The Best of Knitter's. It has about 25 jacket/sweater patterns. There would surely be something in there for a DK weight yarn. The other thing you might want to do is check online with whoever put out the book, there might be a published "corrections" webpage. It might really be that the pattern is wrong.

Carol said...

I found a site that has some gourmet patterns, I'll get it to you. You have to ask Santa for a new camera. I love that shade of green, bet it feels like a cloud too.