Thursday, October 12, 2006

Looks can be deceiving...

Finally, I have a tad bit of progress to report on my Leaf Lace Shawl. Don't be fooled by the photo. As I shared in an earlier post, lately I have been doing mostly car knitting. The shawl is draped over the top of my steering wheel. It appears MUCH larger than it is... kinda like in the rearview mirror.


Now although these photos are stinky, they are of 2 sweaters I plan on knitting for myself. I purchased them online from an incredibly talented knitter http://autoscopia.com/amelia/ They are fabulously timeless and I think of Audrey Hepburn http://www.audreyhepburn.com/ each time I look at them. Now hopefully I can knit them, finish them, and avoid looking like Edith Bunker in them!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Nice Michelle! See I told ya, your shawl could beat up my shawl.

Rebekah said...

The shawl is looking nice, it's going to be beautiful when it's done.

lv2knit said...

Thanks for your comment (The Rainey Sisters) -- I really can relate. I have had many projects that just could not make it past the needles! Like I said, it is much more bothersome when someone is expecting you to come through with something. Wish me luck! This latest attempt appears to be successfull -- woo hoo!

BLACK DOG KNITS said...

I love Anna's designs. Can't wait to see what you do with "Jess".

http:/black-dog-knits.blogspot.com

Roseann said...

I think your shawl will go quickly now that you have the hang of it and all your future shawls will go more quickly, too!